What is your opinion on child "leashes"?

I recently bought a harness with a "leash" for my toddler. I was wondering what other moms opinions are.

Joshiesxmama

Asked by Joshiesxmama at 5:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I understand why parents have them, I have a very unpredictable dd and you never know where she might bolt next.

Its for safety and a relief off of parents minds in a busy area.

Dont let other parents who dont like them influence you, they obviously have no idea about a kid with impulse control issues. Either that, or they are one of those parents who just let their kid fly all over and hope for the best. My MIL is like that. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have one but rarely use it, however if we are in a crowded place and there is no stroller or cart by some strange chance my dd who is two will in a harness. she is a runner , small and cute. i'm so scared of her being taken and hurt, I get a knot in my throat just thinking about it.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 5:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I got one for my son because i know as soon as he starts walking its going to be hard keeping him close. I got him one thats like a backpack stuffed animal and the leash part is the tail. My mom used them on me and my brother. Its also good if you go on walks to the park and they don't want to hold your hand so they cant run off.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If my 20 mo old dd starts running from me I WILL be getting one! That cute pink poodle one so it matches her :) One of my friends needs to get one, her dd climbs out of the cart and runs from her all the time. Doesn't listen and my friend is 37 wks prego! She said she was going to get one soon and if I were her, i would too!
    My mom used them only on my youngest brother because he was the only one to run away. My brother and I always stayed by my mother. And currently, my dd holds onto the cart, tries to push the cart, holds my hand or makes me carry her (she won't sit in the cart however). IMO every kid is different and if you kid is a runner better get one to keep them from being taken or hurt!!! I found out even on base there are pedafiles!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i think theyre stupid!
    your child is not a dog and shouldnt use a leash.
    just control your kid and be a parent and get them if they are walking around. its not like they can out run you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• here doggy doggy doggy
    leashes are for dogs that is my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2009