Don't you just hate when people tr to give you parenting advice? ESPECIALLY when they DONT have any kids??

a friend was over last night and it was around midnight and we were just hanging out i hadnt seen her in a while and my 4 month old was awake too. my friend stares at the clock and says"why isnt she in bed yet?! you need to put her to sleep kelsey!" i just let it go then about 10 min later said it AGAIN...i told her "when you find a 4 month old that is teething and is on a schedule and has a bed time and follows it, let me know so i an find out what their parents are doing until then keep your mouth shut." she goes "My friends baby does!" you need to put her to sleep!

OMG i was sooo mad... not only did she just knock my parenting skills, but she doesnt even have a damn kid to start with and shes younger than me too it made me so mad..

dont you hate when people say rude crap about parenting and its worse when they have no kids?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yup my 16 year old sister has done that i set her straight
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my aunts who have no clue about kids, never had one babysat one or anything do that to me
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My husband's brother seems to think that he is the new " Dr. Spock". Although the only parenting experience he has was he was married to my sister and was step-dad to my 2 nieces. They didn't get married until my nieces were 4 and 8, so he was never around babies. But when my 5 year old daughter was a baby he knew everything, and everything we were doing was wrong. He still does it, although he doesn't have kids at all now, him and my sister got divorced like 3 years ago.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 6:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• YES! Especially when that person is my kids step mother! She tries to tell me what to do with MY kids. Like she can just step into the picture 16 years after the fact and then try to tell me I am doing everything wrong. She actually told me my 13 year old was a drug addict and was addicted to her anti depressant.HELLO!!You can't get addicted to that stuff. She even quit giving it to her when she was at her house. My ex doesn't have the authority to do that. I have full rights medically. She was so far off her rocker and you wanna talk about being pissed off?! I'm not sure I'd ever been that pissed off before or ever been again. She got an earfull from me and believe me.she never went back there again!!!(I was dying to tell her the reason she takes it is b/c her dad had an affair when I was preg w/ her & didn't like her or get along with her for a LONG time. He screamed at her and treated her so badly.)
    goincrzynonnie

Answer by goincrzynonnie at 6:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Ugghhhh it drives me NUTS!!!!

The thing that makes it worse for me is that before I had a child, I went to school for early child development and I taught at several daycares with every age group. Nothing that my child does surprises me because I know what is developmentally appropriate and I know how to handle it.

My husband's grandmother still insists on telling me "Oh don't worry about that, that's normal." Um yeah, I know, thanks. And then she'll do shit like feed my 15 month old a PECAN!! Or ask me why she's crying when I've already told her that she MISSED HER NAP that day and it's ONE HOUR away from bedtime and I'm surprised she hasn't had a meltdown already.....

I also have a friend who likes to compare my daughter to HER DOG. Anytime anything happens with my daughter she'll say "Oh well Corky does this..." CORKY IS A DAMN DOG!!!!!!!!!
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have a friend like that she has no kids but knows it all. And my brother and his wife have a 2 year old and they tried to tell my how to raise my 7 and 8 year old. Then tried giving me marital advice when I've been married much longer than them. They think since they have Bachelor degrees then that qualifies them to give advice.  {{eye roll}}

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Something else that is just as bad is someone young, immature, and has their very first baby suddenly knows everything there is to know about caring for a baby, feeding them, bathing them, "training" them, even how to make them grow up faster.
    My 20 year old daughter is just such a person and has a 5 month old baby and they live with us. My daughter will text a couple of her teen mom friends for advice instead of asking me (ouch!) and then ends up asking me anyway when something goes wrong. I have to keep a constant eye on her without her realizing it because there have been plenty of times where she has unintentionally harmed my granddaughter.
    But get this, I may have had 3 children, been a preschool teacher, and cared for a ton of other children in my home, but I have no clue at what I'm talking about when I give her advice about my granddaughter.
    That's what burns me up - the ignorant not willing to learn.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009