Worried about my friend

My British guy friend recently started talking with a 37 year old woman from Canada via a dating site.He's 24.I'm worried about her intentions because she has never been married[not even close] and has no kids.I fear that she is looking for someone out of desperation because she feels her time is running out for kids and marriage.He's a really sweet guy and I don't want him to get sucked into a relationship he can't handle.He should be with someone he can take it slow with.She's already hinted she wants kids pronto!Do I tell him my fears for him,or stay out of it and possibly help pick up the pieces later on?And no,no romance between us,Happily married!We're IM buddies,he in England,me in the U.S.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• If I was you, as a friend, I would tell him your worries and fears about the relationship but also let him know that you support him with whatever he chooses. You can tell him you feel this way and you just wanted to get it out because you felt that it was things he should think about but at the same time you have to stand back and let him decide to move on or not. I know if I felt how you didn't and I didn't tell my friend and then thing didn't work out, he was taken advantage of or something I would feel really guilty. Tell him your fears but make sure he knows that you will be there to help pick up the pieces as well no matter the outcome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My first thought was to leave them alone. Perhaps there is a meeting of hearts and minds. But I think I'd casually recommend taking things very slowly, especially a relationship that starts online where there isn't in person contact. They should have a long relationship in person before making any decisions. Also, since she has mentioned about children, it might be wise for him to make sure to use protection if they get intimate and not rely on her.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• go with ur gut if u feel u have to say something then say it. the way i would put it is make it funny like... he shes gonna have u on lock down and poppin out babbies pretty soon if she doesnt slow down...then chuckle and if he laughs too then ur in u can say what u have to say
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'd tell him what I think but after that, he's a big boy. He can figure out if he's ok with that. He might want the same thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2009