what does baby dropping mean??

i know when a baby drops it means the baby is getting herself into position for birth..but my mom the other day had wondered if it means the baby comes in about a month from her dropping..i dont think it means anything of the sort..cuz in my lamaze class i remember my instructor saying that losing the mucus plug means the baby should come within the next few weeks and having the bloody show means baby should come anyday..i dont remember her saying anything about what the baby dropping indicates..does it mean the baby is coming soon or does it not really matter??

ilovEmma09

Asked by ilovEmma09 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nobody can tell you when the baby will come, soon or in a few weeks. it's just a state of mind for yourself to count the days. but the end is soon in sight... you just won't know when. have sex and spicy foods and it will come sooner supposedly. msg did it for me.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• It is just lowering into the birth canal, it doesn't mean you are going to have it now or in a month... it is different for different people. My daughter was head down from 30 weeks and I dropped almost at 35 weeks and went full term, it depends on your body/the baby/ what # of pregnancy it is/ ect. Some people don't drop till the last few weeks, some drop sooner.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2009