Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help asap!

ok so me and my husband have not been working things out very well lately just arguing all the time and such well he came in my room last and said that we are just two parents living together for our daughter and that thereis nothing between us anymore :( what should i do?!? im young and have a pt job help :( im scared he will leave me and i wont be able to do it for my baby...ive tried working on it and so has he but not as much as we need it i guess i fear the worst he said he is not optimistic about us being together for her anymore than a year now :(


Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I'm sorry but i'd go out and try to get a better job and save up a little and get my own place , file for child support it'll help . Arrange visitation for him and take your baby and start a new life it's proble whats best for the baby and you if he's not willing to work it out then i wouldn't even try discuss this with him and tell him if he's not willin gto try then your not going to you never know he might want to work it out if he does then give it a try if not leave!

    Answer by kat324 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Try counseling of course. Think about what you are arguing about and how you can resolve each issue so you will have less to argue about. Work on yourself so you can stand on your own feet without a man. Find a lawyer with a free consultation so you can learn what your rights are as far as him supporting you and your child. If you can't work things out you will want to make sure you get child support and health insurance. Hope you can work things out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Your in seperate rooms?? It sounds like you already know the answer to your own question. Marriage is have to work hard to make it last.
    You stop watering the plant and the plant dies. Marriage is the same way....just because you sprinkle some water on it, doesn't mean it's going to flourish.
    Work harder, if you want it.
    Fireproof your marriage now, before all you've got is ashes.

    Answer by SoKamele at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • what exactly is the problem in ur relationship

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Tell him that you think for the child you should just live together but have separate lives. That will give you time enough to find a full time job and get on your feet. I did that and it worked fine. We agreed to not bring other ppl home if we met someone else though. It also gives you time enough to work things out if you want. There is a section in the book For Better or For Best by Gary Smalley where they both gave up but decided to make some changes and they got back together!

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • Well, this has been going on for a long time obviously. I wish people wouldnt wait until the end is near before they seek help. Ask him if hes willing to go to counseling. He might would have been several months ago, but it might be too late. Co parenting without a relationship in the same house is not a good idea unless you have to for financial reasons. Its not good for children, in my opinion because it gives them mixed signals. If you do do it, it needs to be temporary. I am sorry that this is happening to you. Marriage is work and if one person isnt working and giving 100% all the time, then it goes south very fast.

    Answer by momofsaee at 12:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009