Does any one have more then one Toddler at home?

I have twins and find it a challenge some days with two!

Asked by momfourboys at 1:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hear you! I have 5 boys 10, 9, 6, and twin 1 1/2 year olds. I thought that nothing could surprise me, but the twins I was not prepared for. My 10 and 9 year old were a little more than a year apart so I figured no big deal I can do this. No way!!! There are days I want to pull my eyes out because my brain is about to explode. It is non stop with the little ones. Some days I get absolutely nothing done. You feed, you clean, you cook, you feed again, you clean again, you feed again and it goes on for ever. My little ones get so dirty out here in the country that on days like today I had to bathe them twice. Once after lunch and than again after dinner (spaghetti). They are active little guys and it is not easy to keep them entertained.

Sorry to have gone on and on but to say it is a challenge is an understatement. Hang in there and good luck!! You are not alone.

Answer by Sleepless55 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Although I don't have twins... I have a 14 mo old and a 2 1/2 yr old. Sometimes I think twins would be easier, since they have the same limitastions and I owuldn't have to worry about the little one getting into bigger kid stuff. Also my big one is a monkey and the baby has now begun climbing up on everything to be his big sis's shadow... Ugh! Sometimes I feel my only purpose in life is to chase kids and ensure noone flies off the couch or a table.... I can't ever leave the room for 2 sec...

Answer by mom-x-2 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have twin girls 27 months old and boys 11 & 7 and wow do we have a crazy house here. The boys keep me running playing sports and the girls oh wow what can I say they drive me crazy some days shoot most days LOLI am very lucky though one of them is pretty calm laid back and don't do have the things the wild one does so I guess thats good!!!
    Good luck girl, and hugs them boys for me!

Answer by momof7bc at 8:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• yeah i have 8yr, 6yr, plus 3yr old and a 19months old at home, most of the time im in my routien, and it works well but some days kids can take u out of it and thats when i find it hard

Answer by sammy04k at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have had three at one time. It's hard but a lot easier once they are older.

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i've got 15 month old twin girls. they started walking just about 2 months ago so i'm still getting used to that. they are sooo fast and into everything. it can be crazy but i am lucky they have always been good and easy babies. i try to mix it up. if they start getting cranky and it isnt nap or food time then we go outside, they are distracted from whatever upset them. then when you go back inside they start all over with the toys. the worst is when i'm trying to get their dinner ready. its like all of the sudden they are dying of hunger and cant leave me alone for two seconds so i can start the microwave.

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2008