Why won't the government let me buy beer with my food stamp?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ohhhh MYYY God LMAO! TOO Funny.
    People don't get so bent out of shape...this poster is just f***ing with you.LOL
    DSmom3604

Answer by DSmom3604 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well I think that your just trying to start problems here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Because ur stamps r for ur kids food. Not ur alcohol problem. I bet ur an A+ mom.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well, this is just a guess, but its not food. Its not even considered a reasonable beverage. People consume soda, koolaid, juice and other normal everyday beverages. I guess they dont consider it a normal everyday beverage. Im usually pretty non judgmental about people and their foodstamps. I think they should be able to spend it on whatever they want, for the most part. I think asking them to be able to buy beer with it, is stretching it though. Obviously its just my opinion.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Grow up troll.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Honestly, I personally think that the only beverages you should be able to buy with foodstamps are milk and 100% juice. Kool-Aid is basically just sugar water and not healthy whatsoever. You are supposed to be feeding your children with your foodstamps. The least you can do with your free money is feed them a little bit healthy.
    But, as for the beer, you are truly disgusting. I'm sure you will find a way to feed your habit and take food out of your childrens mouths though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• 1) Food stamps are NOT just for your kids food, it is also for the food of the adults in the house.
    2) Beer has no nutritional value and therefore is not eligible for purchase with FOODstamps.
    3) It's sad that you have nothing better to do than try to start trouble on the boards. Bored today?
    Anonymous

• I REALLY hope this is a joke.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Beer is a luxury food item.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Are you serious? If you don't have money for food maybe you shouldn't buy beer at all.....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009