When is it too late to have post partum?

I have 19 month old twin boys and was wondering if I could possibly have ppd or just depression. For the past few months I have become very angry about everything and my nerves are almost non existent. I find my self screaming at my boys for everything they do and then I start crying because they start crying. I tried for years for these guys and when they were first born I had no issues but now that they are talking and walking I can't handle it, and I loose my temper at the drop of a hat. I know that I wont ever hurt them, I just hate yelling at them and want to be a patient kind loving mom, not one that screams at them constantly. If you have any advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

mom112207

Asked by mom112207 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Health

• It' possible, either way they treat them with the same meds so if you think you need something get it. ?Try celexa! I couldn't believe the turn around and i didn't think I had ppd that bad, wow what a difference~!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I don't think there is a timeframe for depression of any kind. It could be post partum or it could be depression. Either way, you should get some help. Talk to your primary doctor and they can lead you in the right direction.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• PPD can begin any time. I know a mother who has four little girls and PPD hit her hard after her fourth. She felt alone and didn't feel she had any emotional support from her family or from her husband. She obviously needed a lot of prayers and comfort.
    She joined a local moms club and began sharing her situation with other moms. She felt at ease realizing then that she was not alone. She was able to socialize with others that understood her plight and even found other moms going through the same rush of anxiety. Sometimes getting outside your box may help you to exert some of those frustrations in a different way where you won't feel helpless. Not only that, but she found moms who were willing to help take care of her children while mommy was able to "get away" for break time.
    I'm not saying that find social networking clubs is the answer, but it might be the first step to try.
    HeatherV.

Answer by HeatherV. at 1:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thanks! I have a lady at church i'm going to talk to that also has a set of multiples, so hopefully she can shine some light on this for me.
    mom112207

Answer by mom112207 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009