About two weeks ago I found out I'm pregnant, my hair collor is blond naturally and for the pasr 6 month I been colloring it blue black, roots are horrible, what do i do? Is there a safe hair collor for me? Please help. Thanks :)

dinanm27

Asked by dinanm27 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• PS: I am a hairdresser.....
    ajguinne: The color issue you had was not from pregnancy, it was from someone not knowing what they were doing. Color accellerates quicker towards the scalp because of the fresh regrowth and the heat from your scalp. You are describing perfectly what happens when you apply any type of lightener, including colors, to the wrong part of the hair at the wrong time.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I hear henna is the only thing you should really color your hair with but ask your dr, pharmacist or call a hairdresser who specializes in color. I'd also check the box on what kind you use and get the manufacturer website see what the website says. I'd also google the question. There may be answers out there in cyberspace by experts who know

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I was led to believe that it is safe to color your hair during pregnancy, it's just that your hormones may effect the coloring? I don't know how that makes sense....I haven't really dyed my hair since my first pregnancy because I just didn't want to mess with it. Iol, my hair looked so bad during my first pregnancy! It was blond at the roots and red habout halfway down!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Just color it.Using black hair color on blonde hair is the worst thing you could do to your hair but the damage is already done. Haircolor doesn't hurt you or baby, it just processes quicker due to elevated heat from hormones.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i asked my doc about this. they said the fumes from coloing your hair should be safe as long as you do it in a well ventilated area. good luck and congratulations!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009