Who taught your child the Pledge of Allegiance?

My son will be starting Pre-K soon and it just hit me that I have not taught him about he Pledge of Allegiance. There is a really good book- Pledge of Allegiance 2001, that I am going to get my son next time we go to the bookstore. So, did you teach your child the Pledge of Allegiance? Did the teacher teach them the Pledge of Allegiance? What things did you or the teacher do that went along with it? I am looking for some good ideas. Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My oldest child didn't learn it until they went to school, and I was so proud to listen to them say it 100 times when they first learned it. My other children learned it from the older ones before they went to school.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Here is the book that I am going to get for him- Pledge of Allegiance 2001

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My kids learned it in preschool. They also taught them what it meant and why they say it.
    Anonymous

• Mines only 2 so he hasnt learned it yet, I think I first learned it in school. I havent really thought about it yet, mainly because the abc's and 123's are more in my mind right now.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I learned it in school. I suppose Ill be teaching it to my children since I will be homeschooling them a bit and Im not sure they say it in school anymore.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My older girls learned it in preschool. My son learned it in kindergarten (he didn't go to preschool).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• It has been about 30 years since my kids were in school (its hard to remember way back then.LOL)but I think they learned in kindergarten.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Mine also learned it in preschool
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 3:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My son learned it when he was about 2 years old in daycare. One of the jobs was flagholder/pledge leader.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my son learned it Pre-K.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009