Iam 41 years old ,i had a miscarriage in July of 08.My question isI want to try again but,iam really afraid mainly of my age What do you moms think?Ps My Husband is only 30 years old.Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• oh I'm sorry for your loss. Can you consult with different obs general and highrisk for their opinions? I think you should consult doctors with your medical history no matter even if it's good except for your loss last summer. Then you will be able to know that you left no stone unturned in your travels in pregnancy. Take care.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry about the miscarriage. I think as long as your healthy there should be no reason not to try again.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thank you for your help,its nice to know people do care

roxiede

Answer by roxiede at 1:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• go for it. my mother had me at 41 and that was in the early 70's. so sorry about your loss, i completely understand. I wish you and your husband lots of blessing.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm sorry for your miscarriage. I think as long as you and your SO are ready to try again then you should talk to your ob make sure everything is ok then go for it. My mother was 39 when she had my brother and that was perfectly fine pregnancy. Good Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• As long as your showing no signs of medapause then i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to have a baby just like the rest of us. I'm sorry to here about your loss but don't let it make you think you can't have a baby. go get ur ob to look at you and make sure you arn't showing signs of Medapause and go for it GOOD LUCK!!!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Did you try to get pregnant again, do you have any other kids, because its easier if you do. We are in similar situations, my BF is 30 and I am 40. I have a 12 y/o son, we now want to have a baby but he is having problems. I know the pain, and helpless you are feeling. I feel that I am too running out of time and feel anxious and close to giving up. Feel free to contact me.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I think that as long as you and your husband both want to have a baby-- why not? It is not uncommon for women in their 40's to have babies. My Grandma was over 40, and my Great Aunt was 44 when their last babies were born.
    If you are worried about being able to get pregnant, I would make an appointment with an ob/gyn and have a checkup to make sure all is well.
    Good luck - I wish you all the best!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• condolences on your loss. What does your dr say?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Go for it. A lot of women in their 40's are having children these days...it's becoming the norm rather than the exception.

I'm sorry about your loss.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009