I had my tounge pierced before... It's healed... Can I get it redone?

When I had my son he ripped my bar out and I swallowed the ball... I didn't have the money for a new one and I had to let the rip in my tounge heal anyways. Now, I can't get a bar through it at all... It's healed almost all the way... If I go back to the piercer can he redo it or at the very least reopen the hole I have?? Or is it a one time thing... I know there are only so many spots they can do it because of the veins and nerves in the tounge... I really want it again...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can get it redone. I got mine redone but they used a different needle to do mine since it wasn't fully closed. Just ask them to redo it for you where it was already pierced.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I had mine redone for a similar reason. You can request that they re-pierce in the same place. Good luck! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• YES YOU CAN! I HAD MINE DONE 2 TIMES.
    mamakris607

Answer by mamakris607 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I've too had mine done twice.. It may hurt a little more than it did the first time but it can be done.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If you are planning to get a job at some point, you may want to skip it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, you can get it redone. My mom has had mine done like 2 or 3 times. It'll probably be through the same spot, or very very close to it. I'm getting mine done as soon as I can and I can't wait lol. I already have a couple of piercings. I'm needle happy (as my husband says lol). If you get it redone, let me know how it turns out for you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thanks for the thought rkoloms - But I OWN my business, so I have a job for ME... I won't fire me if my tounge is pierced... And I don't know of anyone that would, most people I know own businesses... And most people I know are tattooed and pierced... Besides, you can take it out for work... Sheesh... Rude comment much?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have had it re done twice, so yea you can do it. It doesnt even hurt when you get it redone it just slide right through.
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 11:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• In reference to jobs; most jobs don't care about tongue rings as long as you don't sit there and constantly play with it.. It isn't a piercing you can really tell someone has unless they are playing with it and even if they did ask you to take it out, they do make retainers for them and also after having them so long you can just take them out and not worry about them closing up right away.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• rkoloms why should she skip it ?
    i know military teachers police officers emts firemen state workers even my husband working at the airport has one
    it is not out in the open so they DONT care

yes you can get it redone my husband had it done twice
    once before the air force and the 2nd time after basic
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2009