20 months pregnant, woke up with bad right hip pain. What to do??

lalamama913

Asked by lalamama913 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that same problem all during my pregnancy! I place a pillow between my legs and sleep on my side to reduce the pain. Other than that, I've not found anything that helps much :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You're 20 months pregnant?! No wonder you're in pain! You're pregnant with a toddler! :)
    I know what you meant. Only thing I can think of is a pillow between your knees to keep pressure off your hips and a pillow under your belly for support.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• For me a pillow not only the whole pillow between my legs worked for the pains and some cramping, but as well as one placed in the curve of my side which was lying on the bed and a pillow wedge directly behind my back. It sounds uncomfortable, but when you find what's comfortable for you it's easy sleep. Try a hot bath and add about two or three cups of Epsom salt to it before bed. If you have time during the day try the hot rice compresses. You can find these at your local health shops or even try GNC if one is available to you. You simply pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and you're on your way. Or if these options don't suit you try asking your doctor if they recommend using the Icy Hot patches. I know this feeling really sucks and hopfully one of my tips helps you with this discomfort. Good luckkk!
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 2:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You could also try a chiropractor who has training in helping pregnant women. This has been the only thing that has helped me. I have problems with my pelvic area and hips constantly because I fell when I was pregnant with my second and popped my symphasis. It's all connected and its all loose when you're pregnant. Gental manipulations will put things back where they go and give some relief. My chiro also reccomends ice pacs to reduce inflamation.
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009