You will probably think i'm crazy!

My exhusband is very good looking. I think he left me for another woman because i am ugly. He at first when i found out that he was seeing someone else, say i let myself go. I didn't , i am just three years older than him. I am 46. I look the same, just a little bit older. Anyways, do you know of any good looking couples that split up just because they grew apart or do men leave because their wives get less attractive? This is driving me crazy. I know it shouldn't , but it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• No one looks the same at 40 as they did at say.. 17. I think anyone who would leave a spouse just bc of looks is very narcissistic and you deserve better! JMO, but it sounds like he was just looking for excuses personally. Concentrate on how awesome a person you are, and don't worry about his opinion!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I think there have been more than a few men who have left their pretty wives when they got older for a younger prettier girl. Men suck!!!
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• A person letting themselves go is different than aging.
    He's a skunk.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No matter how good looking they are somebody is sick of their crap.
    Anonymous

• Men don't leave bc they think the wife is ugly. Men leave bc of how the wife makes him feel. Read the book Why Men Cheat. It's a small book so it's an easy read. It's based on a study done with men who really cheated and explained why they did. He should have been man enough to discuss it with you before he left you but since he didn't, then find another man who can communicate. If you are doing something he's not pleased with then maybe the next one will have balls enough to talk it out with you and fix things. none of us are perfect so it helps if we have a mate who lets us know if we can improve on the relationship in any way. Communication is the key imo

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Sounds like a "midlife crisis" to me. Sorry you are going through this, love sucks sometimes:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009