wanting to make my daughters hair bows

My 18 month old has a head full of beautiful thick jet black hair so many baby clips just slide right out because its so soft and it doesnt grip well cause its thicker. I went to a crafts festival yesterday and bought her a beautiful green and pink croched head bank with the corker type thing on the front, it stays in her hair wonderfully (when she leaves it alone) only thing is this lady was a little pricey and it dosnt look to awfully difficult. id like to make some for my daughter but where do you find the croche bands etc and how do i get started. im not the least bit crafty although iv never put fourth the effort. any help is apperciated.

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 1:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am not really sure what you are talking about, sorry.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 2:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Go to any craft store like Michaels. They have books that show you how to make bows for about the cost of one hair bow. They should carry all the supplies, However you may want to go to a fabric store. Sometimes you can get bags of remant ribbon.
    They are not hard to make. Some bands, clips, ribbon, corkies, fishing line and low temp hot glue. It is amazing how creative you can become once you start. You might make a few mistakes at first but that is how you learn by experimenting.
    You can even find directions online. I made them for my daughter when she was little. I wish I would have thought about selling them. Good luck and have fun!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• got to www.myspace.com/mammamade_88

i make them for cheap!!! and they willl stay in her hair!!!!hope to see you soon, BTW you dont have to have a myspace to look and order just read front page!
    MammaSherry

Answer by MammaSherry at 2:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2009