Mind your own business!

This seems to be a recurring theme in our society today. If someone else says something to your child in public, you might say "Mind your own business"- when referring to our efforts abroad I often see people say "We should mind our own business!"

Can someone please tell me what that means? Are we not all sharing the same planet? At what point does Joe Dictator's horrible doing become my business? Or at what point do your child's misbehaviors become my business? Do we just wait until our own individual selves are held at gun point or wouldn't it be better to hold each other as a people and a nation accountable before it ever got to that point?

I just watch some of the WAY older movies and it seems like that aspect in particular is drastically different... and maybe not for the best. Your thoughts? What caused it? Is it a fear of being judgemental? Where is the line drawn?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 2:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the "mind your own buisness" crazy is shitty. Especially for the people who suffer because of it. Such as the elderly person who didn't have a ride to the light company and sat at home alone and froze to death, and for the abused children who are sitting home alone with no utitlies or food getting beat and starved to death. Not to mention, the lady next door who's husband just beat her to death.
    I think "mind your own buisness" is the equivelent of "not caring about people".
    Sad isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Need I remind the libs of the Truman Doctrine. Flies in the face of modern Democrats.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• thank our litigious society! "look at me funny, and i'll sue you!" everyone has a chip on their shoulder. it stems from insecurities.
    Anonymous

• IDK.... I think its crazy! We need each other!!

Last night at a fireworks show, my child was dangerously close to a drop off/steep hill. An older lady ran over and told him, very nicely, that he needed to step back from the edge. At that moment I had been tending to my other two kids. She turned around and apologized to me and said it just scared her and the Grandmother in her just jumped out.... to her surprise I THANKED her and told her that it didn't bother me at all. As a single Mom I need some help some times.... turned out she was SO nice! Gave my kids snacks along with her Grand kids and told me if I ever needed any help, just to call her...

I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and I welcome any one that is kind hearted and truly cares about children to help me raise mine!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I believe that we are, and should be accountableto one another. The world would be a much nicer place if we looked out for one another. Our opinion can differ, and still respect one another. But like the PP said why is it that some has to die or be hurt before someone care.

YES WE ARE OUR BROTHERS KEEPERS

Anonymous

• "Need I remind the libs of the Truman Doctrine. Flies in the face of modern Democrats."

I hate to break this to you, Crapy, but the Cold War is over.
    Anonymous

• I hate to break this to you, Crapy, but the Cold War is over.

Just because the Cold War is over, does not mean that we shouldn't stand together and try to prevent communism and tyrannies from spreading. We shouldn't let people walk all over each other and take away others rights. From as little as helping a mother out by stopping their child from falling over a steep edge to stopping genocide in other countries we should stand together and help those in need of help.

RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 2:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• "Just because the Cold War is over, does not mean that we shouldn't stand together and try to prevent communism and tyrannies from spreading."

Who do you have on your ipod? Kate Smith? Lawrence Welk? LOL!!!!!
    Anonymous

Name calling behind the anon symbol, your OHH SOOO brave.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• LMAO... WHO? Uh... no... I have no clue who those people are....
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 3:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2009