Hi. I am looking for any mom's out there who have a child that has had to have a MACE Appendicostomy done due to Chronic Constipation and Encopresis or the symptoms of Thanks

My eight year old son has had chronic constipation and encopresis since birth. He just had a mace appendicostomy done in Janurary of 2009. I am looking for any one who has a child with these symptoms or who has a child who has had a mace done.

namtoe

Asked by namtoe at 2:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hi. We are taking our 7 year old son to the GI doctor tomorrow for similar symptoms.Now he has not had the procedure you mentioned, but I am eager to hear what the dr says tomorrow now that I've read your post. We've gave our son Miralax for months but he was still soiling. In fact, he soiled a small amount tonight while at the play area in the mall. He says he can not feel it coming out. He gets some fiber by eating veggies, whole grain breads, fruit- but he will only drink water or milk..no juice. He loves milk but I only let him drink one small cup per day . I told the ped we were cutting back on th Miralax since he wasn't getting better and he suggested this appointment. I hope your son is getting better now. This has been a tough road..that's for sure.
    kweldy

Answer by kweldy at 12:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009