8 months and still not crawling??

Hi everyone .

My son just turned 8 months and he still does NOT crawl... Should I worry? I mean he does not realy try to eigther.

Is there maybe something I can do to help?? I tried pushing him forward ...

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he's ready he will don't worry
    Anonymous

• don't worry, when he's ready he will. my dd is 11 months and still doesn't crawl. the doctor isn't even worried...she'd rather scoot around on her butt, and she just started doing that at about 9 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Don't worry about it. My son didn't crawl until he was almost 1 and he didn't walk until he was 18 months. Now he is running all over the place! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yeah, like everyone else said, don't worry about it. I remember with my first child I was so worried about her "keeping up" with what all the other children around us that I often forgot to enjoy what was happening at the moment. Your doctor will tell you if they are worried about his progression. Each child is different and I have found that on cafemom especially, a lot of parents exaggerate about their children's levels of physical ability. I think I read a post after my daughter had turned 6 months about this women who claimed her 2 month old was crawling and pulling up on things!! I freaked out for a moment because my 6 month old hadn't even thought about crawling yet and then realized this lady was full of it! Your son will crawl when he is ready. My son didn't start until the middle of his 9th month and now he is 11 months old and about to take his first step! Good luck!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• That doesn't sound late to me at all! Mine crawled around 9 months, then walked at 11 and 12 months. My pediatrician said crawling is so random that they don't even consider it in developmental tests. Some kids never crawl and go straight to walking.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My first son did not crawl until he was 11 months. All babies are different. He will crawl in his time or he might go straight to walking.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009