Not going to Nurse, but what to do..

I have decided for different reason, including health reasons not to nurse, my daughter is completely healthy and I didn't nurse with my first this is why I am not nervous about it.. however it has been several years since my daughters birth and I can't remember the recovery process very well.. :( So.. can anyone tell me how long after birth do I need to keep my chest bound up to dry up my milk.. she is 5 days old today and I am pretty sure my milk didn't come in until yesterday morning.. I had been bound up before then, so i really couldn't tell.. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No clue as I've never heard of being "bound up" to dry up the milk. It's a hormone thing, not a pressure thing. Just don't stimulate your nipples or breasts, don't let hot water hit your breasts in the shower, wear nursing pads until you stop leaking and cold cabbage leaves help with engorgement.

I think I was done within a week.
    Anonymous

• My first it seemed like it took forever with my second i think it was only a few days. Just do everything the first poster said.
    Anonymous

• i've heard of the bound up thing, but i think that's just a wives tale...but yeah what the pp said
    Anonymous

• Put on a sports bra until your milk dries up. It makes them hurt less. They will still hurt until the milk dries up...just not as bad.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Do what the first poster said. It works.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't bind your chest. That's a really good way to get a serious and very painful infection. Just let it try up on it's own, avoid stimulation and warm water directly on your chest.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 5:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009