Did you see Margo's opinion of Palin's resignation? What do you think?

"I think quitting for a big-bucks book deal shows a real lack of character, but a great deal of opportunism. The citizens of Alaska elected her to a term of office and she is skipping out because … well, she is too big for Alaska. People who are lame ducks seldom deal with their duckhood by resigning, so let’s scratch that one."

I will post the link in the 1st answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• I will be honest, I can't stand the woman. With that said, I however would not think highly of ANYONE who did what she did. It is such a load of BS to quit in the middle of her term . . . why the heck would anyone vote for her again after pulling such a stunt??! I think it shows very poor character.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 2:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I really don't care about what Palin is doing. I don't live in AK, and her decisions don't effect me or my family. If I were one of her constituents I would probably have a very strong opinion one way or the other about it though.

I have to say though, I really don't get the whole feeding frenzy over her still. Why is there so much fascination when people were calling her a nobody. I have never seen so much interest in a 'nobody' in my life. It's ridiculous.

*note that I do not consider her a nobody myself, just pointing out the contradiction of those that do but they still can't get enough of her or can't seem to stop clucking about her*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm an Alaskan, voted for her and would do it again. I don't feel like she abondoned us and I haven't ran into any Alaskan that feels that she has. What most of us feel is sickened by the unfounded attacks made against her. If anyone knew what was going on in Ak, they would know that our politians aren't working, and are playing power struggle games rather then doing ANYTHING benificial for AK. The only thing they've managed to do since Sara ran for VP is to give themselves raises, and I'm not talking about Palin who saved us money by taking a pay cut as Gov. and saved us a bunch of money by not using a chauffer and chef.
    Sara can no longer be effective as our Gov, and I love her even more for being able to see it, and doing something about it.
    Anonymous

• She did not take a pay cut, she just did not take an annual raise. Big diference.
    Anonymous

• I'm sick of her and I wish the media would stop covering her every move.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 11:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2009 by: Anonymous She did not take a pay cut, she just did not take an annual raise. Big diference.

She did not take income her job entitled her to. You call that a big difference?

Anonymous

• Yes, that is a big difference. My husband's employer handed out pay cuts AND cuts to annual raises including cost of living increases. Next year they will be giving back the pay that was cut but we'll keep the cut in annual raises.
    Anonymous

• Sarah is doing the smartest thing she can do with the liberal media, the crooked politicians, and this jerk of a president all against her. She is playing this out brilliantly. She is going to go out and give speeches and promote the Republican party. She is the biggest draw the party has with a 73% approval rating among conservatives. She can get things done while people like Matthews, Brian Williams, Olbermann, CNN, and all the liberals can sit and whine and speculate all they want. Conservative values are coming back while dems are doing the dumbest, worst damage to our country they can squeeze in. And for those who don't like her you might want to look at your own values. You are jealous because she can do things you could never do.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• ohh Scorpio ... love ya .. thats exactly what I saw is happening.. wow so glad someone else can see it for what it is instead of whining about it! SHe IS brilliant but thats because she has an amazing God leading her to do what is right in HIS eyes not MAN'S eyes THAT is why people are bellyachin.
    I saw the jealousy thing too.
    She is a strong woman inside and out! I understand clearly what she is doing , many wont because they want to spew venom it makes them feel "powerful" ..... when it actually makes them look "weak".
    enough said... I look forward to seeing where she goes from here.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009