Is the Army accepting GEDs?

With the ecomny so bad ive heard they are not accepting people who have a GED instead of a high school dipeloma... any one know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes you have your ged... but u have to have i think at least 20 college credits that what my borther said and his in the army...

enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 2:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• the military is accepting people with felony records; i am sure that a ged is fine; contact a local recruiting office
    Anonymous

• The army is way past capasity. They want the best of the best. The recruiters don't try as hard now for anyone. Good luck
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yes they take GED's. Why wouldn't they? It's always been more or less then same thing as a HS diploma, why would the economy affect that?
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You would have to call a recruiter. Depending on how their recruiting #'s are (if they are recruiting less or more than needed) will depend on if they accept GED's. When my husband was a recruiter it would change depending on that. That was two years ago and then temp recruiting last summer. He also said that you need a 50 or higher on the ASVAB or 15 college credits 100 level or above (example ENG101). He said most likely since they are making their goals they are not accepting GED's. So you will just have to call the recruiters office
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• *the ASVAB score and college credit is in addition to the GED if you don't have a high school deploma.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Go to your local recruting office and find out..BUt I know many people who just joined with GEDs.It changes ALL the time. I also know a person who was in jail for a year and he is in the Army..Go to the office :) thay will not bite I swear :) My husband LOVES being in the Army and its a great option when you have family. Plus you can go to Collage(online classes) at the same time. My husbands MOS is Cambat Camera..He loves it
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2009