Does your Town Not have Fireworks on the 4TH??

Our Nearest town doesn't have Fireworks on the 4th. So you have to come on Sunday each year. To make sure their Festivel gets enough business! Yours Too? Some families hate that since Everyone is up late on A Sunday. And so many are back to work or summer school/ Day Care Early on Monday. Is that your Way Too?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 2:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mine doesn't either swo we shoot off our own. And yes it's legal here.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I heard we weren't having them at all this year...guess wally world decided not to pony up that money for the shiny, sparkly commercial display. But no, we always (traditionally) have the town festivities on the 4th proper.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• We have a perfect view of fireworks from our balcony, and their legal in our city so we also got the pop its and threw those yesterday my daughter loved it
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my town doesnt do fireworks on the 4th at all...but...thats cuz i live in canada..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Our town doesn't do firework at all. Small town of 2200 people and lots of towns nearby that do bigger ones. There is a town near here that celebrates on the last weekend in June. We usually just do our own because it's an hour and a half wait trying to get out of the parking lot at the big show then another half hour drive to get home.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• The cities all around here, I live in the Detroit area, all do them on random days sometime before the 4th. Ours was on the 1st this year. It's so stupid and I will never understand why they do it that way.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i really dont know if my town shoots off fireworks but we go to the nearest town which is Athens GA and watch them at the YMCA.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Ditto to what roachiesmom said. Our city and surrounding cities cut it from their budgets this year, saved them approx 20 grand a piece. I'd rather see them do away with the display then cut more jobs.

We drove to another area for their celebration, no biggie, they have more revenue.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 5:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Oh we do, they set them off from a barge on the waterfront and we can see from our front yard, some years if it is clear we can see Seattle's as well.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009