Taste.....?

I've been addicted to Pepsi lately. The thing is, I'm exclusively breastfeeding my one month old. It doesn't keep him awake or anything but could the pepsi be changing the taste of my breast milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say what u eat affecs the taste,but i have alway drank coca coloa,i gave up smoking when i found out i was prego.but cant give up the pop,lol.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• What does spaghetti sauce have to do with breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

• The soda could be changing the taste of your milk but probably not in the way you would think. I doubt it will make your child only crave sweet things but everything you eat can change the taste of your milk which is a good thing. The more diverse things you ingest the more your milk changes and the more your child is introduced to different things. When you exclusively eat or drink something your milk will stay the same. I am an avid coke zero drinker...love the stuff...and I am still nursing my son. However it has changed the taste it hasn't done it negatively. The little guy loves all different foods and is at a very healthy weight! The Caffeine is the only thing I worry about with him so I limit my soda drinking and enjoy the ones I get!!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

Huh?!!! She asked about pepsi.

Anonymous

• I am a big fan of Coke myself, I just try to drink less, than I usually would. I think with the caffeine, they say that while you are pregnant, you are allowed 2 small cups a day. I just follow those rules while I am breastfeeding, I just think it makes sense.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2009