Does anyone else celebrate half a birthdays??

It's a tradition in my family to celebrate their first half birthday. 6 months is the first solid food, and I'm going to give my boys carrot cake as their first solid like me lol. Anyone else celebrate it???

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We celebrated half-birthdays until the children were in college. We had a half-birthday cake and a special meal of their choice and a single present.

Answer by Bmat at 3:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Nope
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Lol, no. When my little girl turned 6 months old (last week) it was kind of a big deal to me, because she's getting so big, so fast! But no party or cake or anything. Just a "whoa" day.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• nope, never have!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah! Half birthdays are a big deal around here. We did celebrate the 6 month birthday because it was such a milestone but the half birthdays came to be because we couldn't always afford to do big birthday parties on the actual birthday because I am finishing my degree. They just were never timed right with our finances but we still wanted to give something special to the kids. Now we have the main birthday and then we eat cake and have a special dinner for the half! It is so much fun, I couldn't imagine not doing half birthdays now!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I did a six month birthday party for both my 4 yr old daughter and my 6 1/2 month old twins.
    corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 4:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• We're only doing the first two half birthdays. My son turns 1 1/2 this month, so we're going to buy him one little toy and I might make cupcakes. Last year we bought him a toy and went out for dinner. It's fun, but I don't think we'll keep going it.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• What a novel idea! Where did this come from? I like it.
    For my daughters, we have always celebrated their birthdays each year.
    My infant granddaughter lives with us and each month she turns another whole month in age I sing "Happy Birthday" to her. Silly, I know, but she is so special to me and I love to see her smile. :) In fact, today she turned 5 months old!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• aww how cute! YA on their half birthdays, we sing:
    Half a birthday to you, half a birthday to youuuu.
    Half a birthday dear Noah and Rileyyyyyyyyy
    Half a birthday to you!!!!!!

lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2009