If you go to church does your church have a dress code? (Christians)

Summer is here and it is time to see the cleavage, tight short shorts and bra straps. I do what I can to ignore it but wow when I was a girl my mom made sure I dressed for the Lord not the night life streets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Actually when I was a teen, our youth pastor would bring in old hideous baggy tshirts (like 3x) and if our bra straps showed, boobs hung out, pants too tight that tshirt would have to go on or we would be asked to leave the room. It was a great idea! Although the church as a whole doesn't have a dress code- people should just use common sense.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Yeah, modesty is totally the dress code for my chuch, but some girls tend to try to dress nicely and "look good" so they translate that into sexier type fitting stuff. I'll admit that I was one of those and one day I saw myself trough someone else dressed kind of inapropiately and I toned it down after that.
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Mine does.
    Men and boys are in suits though the little boys usually don't wear a jacket, just slacks and a dress shirt (short sleeves are fine).
    Women and girls are in nice dresses - no sundresses or strapless dresses, no short skirts.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i feel you should always cover up more then usual yet still be comfortable .my pastor says come as you are because god will accept you as you are.but just be discreet about being sexy ya dig?
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• People have taken the idea of come as you are (which is not in the bible) and has taken it to the extreme. They seem to feel as long as they go to church , God should just be pleased they are there. The idea of come as you are is a sin thing. You come with your sins and struggles and God will accept you, he will do the changing. As far as dressing, if you have nothing else then you do your best to be decent and just go on to church, On the other hand if we as true christians see some one dressed inappropriately then we need to pull then over to the side and offer them some clothes we dont use anymore or the take them shopping or keep our mouth shut because maybe that really is all they have to wear.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• We don't have a dress code at our church, however our pastor preaches all the time on how to dress in church and if you are a Christian you shouldn't dress slutty in church and outside of church. What would the sinners of this world think if you wore a mini skirt and a tube top to the beach or Wal-mart and you still proclaimed you were a Christian. Also my church keeps it super cold during the service so all will have to dress better and warmer to stay warm. I however like to dress up, maybe not in a dress but I don't dress slutty either. A nice blouse and jeans is cute and still dressy.
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No just casual wear. t shirts , nice shirts , jeans, dresses and so forth. No cleavage or short shorts or short skirts .. I can wear a sleeveless shirt , low v -neck with a tank top underneath to cover cleavage. I do not want to bend over and see down my shirt. I usually wear nice jeans and nice top and sandles in summer and in winter same but warmer stuff and tennis shoes.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No dress code per se. Just modest dress. No cleveage, no short shorts. It isn't written, but is just kinda followed.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009