What did you do for your first wedding anniversary?

Well mine is today. And My husband and I went to chuch, (our niece got baptized), came home made breakfast, took a nap now he left for softball. So I will be going and watching him in about an hour. But I got a card from him.. and thats only because when he didn't get me a card for mothers day I made it a point that he knew I was upset and hurt.

But I guess I always imagined my first wedding anniversary and well all of them being special since thats one more year you made it and beat the odds. We're not even going out to dinner tonight because of his softball game that he obviously didn't want to skip. I feel like that game took priority over me. I'm hurt that I didn't get anything. I see other friends getting jewlery and going to fancy restaurants-and I got nothing. I'm hurt that my husband couldn't even take one day out of the year to be romantic and make me feel special. And yes, he knows how I feel about his non romance

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont know yet..mine's in like 4 more monthsss
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well, I threw up for my first anniversary -- I was pregnant and so sick. :-) I literally couldn't move off the couch.

The one thing I believe is sometimes even though we want someone else to do something for us . . . we need to take matters in our own hands. You can either set expectations with him going forward . . . like finding something you want in a catalog and saying, "honey, I want this for our anniversary". Or saying, "We are going somewhere nice for dinner so make some reservations for us."

Or you may have to do it . . . want a romantic evening then plan it. I KNOW it would be nice to have them do it but sometimes they just don't. And to me to have the evening even if I planned it is better than not having it at all.

Just some thoughts from a married old lady. :-)

TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well I have a romantic evening planned for us, but it couldn't be for tonight. Itd have to be for a night when I have a babysitter. I had told him I wanted something for our anniversary. I had told him I wanted to go out to dinner. His solution??

He bought me 2 packs of sunflower seeds. Told me we'll go out to dinner another time since he has softball tonight- he didn't want to feel rushed. Uhh he'd be done playing at 5 that means we could have had a 7 oclock dinner. Ugh.

Any more thoughts married old lady? LoL

I mean I have laid it out black and white for him and he still doesn't get hints. I have told him I need romance. I have been begging him for a certain bracelet for about 2 years now. I even had it bookmarked for him so he knew exactly which one it was. He never bought it. (And no, we're not tight one money) I don't want to buy my own things. Grr. I'm sick of having the same ol talk. But I do have a evening planned.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• A good swift kick to the head? Okay, that probably wouldn't work either. ;-) Well, my guess is you can't change him and you are going to have to figure out what you can live with or without. Sorry your first anniversary was such a bummer.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009