need to get in shape

ok, im 18 years old i have a 19month old son that naps 1 time a day maybe an hour long... but i need to get in shape i dont need to lose weight i just need to lose my baby pooch.... any ideas?? i really need to feel good about myself so i can feel good for my self and my husband... he says hes fine with it but im not!! i live out in the country around no young people and have no money for a membership at a gym... so some1 tell me what to do please!!!

brookegregory

Asked by brookegregory at 3:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Google abdominal exercises or buy a DVD that includes them so you can see how they are done. I described some in another recent post here in the Answers section of CafeMom, but here is a run down - for the upper ab, lie on the floor, feet on the floor near your bottom, knees bent, pretend you have an orange under your chin, keep your lower back on the floor, and raise just your shoulders off the floor so you feel your abs working, count to 5, lower slowly. For the lower ab, keep lower back on the floor, same position, only bring the knees up to your chest, for the obliques, same position, bring the elbow toward the opposite knee. It is important to keep the back on the floor. Start with a few and build up gradually. Do these at your own risk , of course, I am not recommending, just describing.

Answer by Bmat at 3:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I love my excresising ball..you can work at so many parts of your body that you never knew you could with just a big bouncy ball. I really think that every women and pregnant women should own one.In the box the have a guide on things you can do with the ball to workout every part.I also got a long resistance tube at walmart (everything cost me about 20$) and it can help your arm get toned,so you wont have that flabby skin hanging..I hate that.But you should really try it.It helps alot
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have an idea! I suggest walking three to four times a week for 45mins. with your baby if you have a stroller. Also while starting off walking a few times a week eat healthier meals, such as fruits and vegetables and lean meats like bake chicken or fish etc. Once you lose about 5lbs., start including crunches for your stomach as you continue to walk and eat healthy. (drink plenty of water while exercising to help suppress your appetite) Hope this can help!
    Anonymous

• Start by walking for at least 20 minutes a day at least 3 times a week.
    Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I am not a very good "healthy eater", but what has worked for me recently is cutting down on portion sizes and I use Leslie Sansones "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD's. There are a few different ones and most of them are no longer than 45 minutes so you could do them during nap time, or (like me) after your baby goes to bed. Also, for toning I like 10 Minute Solution DVD's.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009