Can anyone help me?? please tell me why my thinking on this is wrong....

Christianity. It's a fairytale for adults. Christianity is a story consumed and regurgitated over the course of a few thousand years. It takes the story of many ancient world religions before it, renames the characters, and labels it original. Are you under the impression that Jesus Christ was the first 'messiah' to be the product of an immaculate conception, grow to an adult to spread his gospel, be persecuted for his words, be killed and resurrected on the third day? If so, you are wrong. This story has been told for thousands and thousands of years. It is in recorded history up to 7000 years before the birth of Christianity. This story dates back to times of ancient Egypt with the Holy Trinity of Isis, Osiris and Horus, to Tinia, Uni, and Menerva of the Etruscans, and many many more. All these messiahs all walked the Earth thousands of years before Jesus was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• cont... I am thankful for the morals and values that Christianity has instilled in the world. I just don't find it necessary to still cling onto this illusion of a Christ in order to follow these wonderful principles. We don't need Jesus in order to know it's wrong to steal or kill a person. I won't dispute the existence of a God. We can't prove or disprove that. But I will question your Christianity. I find it immature. You are holding on to a false idol, looking for a bit of comfort. You are clinging on to how you were raised and you haven't given it a second thought. It's pathetic. Christians need to take a step back, examine their beliefs and read a little. Educate yourselves. Study other world religions. Look at history and see the parallels that connect Christianity and all the world religions to those of the past. You'll see that the story of your Jesus is no more than plagiarism.
    Anonymous

• Ifeel4u hearts and hugs and lots of prayers or you.
    Anonymous

• You're thinking I will give you that. I don't necessarily disagree with you either. But you need to accept that different people believe different things. This is soo much more than a god story told over and over. This is someone's faith. Someone's chosen path. You are acting no better than some of them by trying to "save them" from a belief in a false idol. You are setting up for a major drama post here. Why do you care if someone believes in God?? Does it affect your life?? That's where you are wrong. You should never try to force your point of view on those who have already declined to hear it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• judgemental much?
    You said a lot of stuff there that is true.
    you also said a lot of stuff that may or may not describe some Christians out there. And why do you care if they are Christian? If they are happy. leave them be. If they arnt harrassing you for what you believe, leave them be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• and yes I know this is what some christians do over and over again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You just watched "Religousless" didn't you?
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Wow, isn't this really more about your opinion then wanting to know why your thinking is wrong? I don't think your way of thinking is wrong if that is what works for you. But I don't see that you have to condemn another for believing in the above.

You might not need Jesus, but isn't it okay if someone else does?

I think you have some good thoughts but your delivery of them lack compassion and kindness.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• You sound like you just want a great debate. If you do not believe it so be it . Tell Jesus you do not believe from your hole in hell.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt matter if there was other gods before our god or jesus. This is who we have now and its what we know. Some of us can feel him inside of us and we know that he is there when we need him. Who cares if there were other Gods before and how do you know that there really was? Genisus says God created the heaven and the earth so where were the other "gods" stationed?
    Anonymous

• Here's the thing - people are always saying and always will say that Christianity "stole" or "took" things from other religions and therefore is a crock or fairy tale. Here's the thing, though. Christianity, and more specifically, CHRIST, is the culimination of our relationship with God, through his Son. We humans have ALWAYS been in relationship with God, whether knowing or not, and that's what these early beliefs reflect - our early and immature relationships with God. Just as children and parents grown, their relationships change over the years and decades; well, mankinds relationship with God has changed and evolved over the millenia - always leading us to a deeper understanding of who God is in our life, and who he calls us to be. In our infancy as mankind, we held to different gods, different beliefs because that's what we could understand...however, as we, mankind, matured, God started guiding us more clearly...
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009