Need Some Help With Groups

My mom has a friend who just lost her sister to cancer. This woman has taken on the task of raising her sister's children now that she has passed. She and her hubby went from having no children of their own to having 4 to take care of over night. Are there groups anybody could suggest for families like that? I'm not even sure what to search for, but I want to direct her here because I know she needs the support and help of moms in similar situations. Suggestions for groups for helping children deal with the loss of a parent would be welcome too. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I will keep looking but I haven't found anything. Sometimes it takes a bit when searching by keywords. I would suggest in the meantime real mom advice simplified. It isn't a group for her situation specifically but I personally trust the moms in the group. They have great advice on almost any situation that might arise and would certainly be glad to offer their support to your mom's friend.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Sounds like she needs to create one. I know there are those out there who have the same situation, sometimes temporary and sometimes permanent.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm hoping she doesn't have to admckenzie, I'm hoping there's already a support network, so to speak, here for her.
    Anonymous