Using bleach to remove stains...

I have this great t-shirt that I love. It's white, and there is a couple of stains on it. How do I use bleach to remove the stains without burning a hole in it?

mamahud

Asked by mamahud at 3:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• use bleach in the washing machine. about half a cup and let it soak (if you don't have a soak option on your washer leave the lid open and it won't start) if that doesn't work, put some bleach on a white washcloth and scrub the stains
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• if the shirt hasn't been washed since the stains got there, use some oxyclean (we use the stuff from dollar tree- works just as well as long as you use it ASAP on stains). i usually take a large bowl and put in half a spoonful and the rest water and then soak the clothing. after a little while i take an old toothbrush and scrub at the stains. then when i wash the clothes in the washer, i pour in that same soaking water so i get more use out of the oxyclean stuff. works every time for me, even on blueberry and spaghetti stains!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009