ear drops?

My 10 month old was diagnosed with his 6th ear infection on Thursday (middle of the night ER trip). IT was a double one. He has been on antibiotics since then. His fever went down yesterday and has stayed down. Today he has been miserable. He is pulling at his ears and crying, and doesn't act like Tylenol is helping much. Are there ear drops out there that will help with the pain that he is old enough to use? Is this safe?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 3:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to hold a warm wash cloth over his ear and let the warmth kind of seep in a bit.

Or you can try some warmed (slightly) olive oil, just a couple of drops.

Keep giving the Tylenol every 4 hours in the proper dosage to help control, some will recommend Motrin, but it makes my kids puke.

The antibiotics should have kicked in and he should be in less pain very soon. If not, I'd see about taking him back in on Monday to have another check...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009