I have already filed a pro se divorce. Can I get my money back if we don't want a divorce again?

Marriage, Relationships

lmvalentine

Asked by lmvalentine at 4:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• No your shit out of luck. Sorry should have thought about things before you signed that sheet of paper.
    Anonymous

• I would say you need to ask your lawyer and it will probably depend on how much work he has already done for you.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No. You payed to file the papers. you filed them. They won't give a refund on money spent on filing fees.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• LOL, my2kids312: Pro Se Divorce means you do it yourself without an attorney

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I gave $100 to a lawyer once, 'cuz I was sure I was done. He saw that I was pregnant and didn't didn't think I was serious. He never called back to get more information from me. Turns out he was right and things worked out in my marriage. He still got paid. That must happen a lot. That's also probably why they charge so much to get papers started...or was I totally ripped off?
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009