Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have already filed a pro se divorce. Can I get my money back if we don't want a divorce again?

Marriage, Relationships

Answer Question

Asked by lmvalentine at 4:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • No your shit out of luck. Sorry should have thought about things before you signed that sheet of paper.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • I would say you need to ask your lawyer and it will probably depend on how much work he has already done for you.

    Answer by my2kids312 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • No. You payed to file the papers. you filed them. They won't give a refund on money spent on filing fees.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • LOL, my2kids312: Pro Se Divorce means you do it yourself without an attorney

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • I gave $100 to a lawyer once, 'cuz I was sure I was done. He saw that I was pregnant and didn't didn't think I was serious. He never called back to get more information from me. Turns out he was right and things worked out in my marriage. He still got paid. That must happen a lot. That's also probably why they charge so much to get papers started...or was I totally ripped off?

    Answer by hermajesty2 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.