Conspiracy Theories - Do you like them? Do you think the government has hidden agendas?

I honestly scoff at conspiracy theories, that the world will end when Nibiru enters our atmosphere, that FEMA has hidden concentration camps, that medical companies withhold cures... but what is your take on them?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 4:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not believe in all the conspiracy theories, but I am suspicious of some things. It isn't something I am certain of. I am certain of my faith. I am not certain of conspiracy theories -- does that make sense? I say that so I don't lose any credibility.

Anyways, in my opinion I am suspicious that there are conspiracies in our government, and healthcare systems, as well as our media. I don't believe ALL of them, and I am NOT certain of ANY of them, but I do believe in SOME of them.

I try not to worry too much, but just do my best to take care of my family and I put my faith in the Lord. If some things are true, what can you do?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Of course. Im living proof, lived in the system since i was 3.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I do believe there are hidden agendas. What they are... in time I am sure we will find out.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• People tend to take them too far, and see more in them then there really is. However, I do believe in some instances the "government" (some members, offices, or institutions) do have a hidden agenda. The medical thing is sadly feasable (though by no means certain) they have been caught playing very dirty pool before.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I believe that several of them are just to far fetched to be real. But I think some of them are close to the truth. Besides, how are we supposed to know what they know/do?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• truth is stranger then fiction. I believe there is at the very least some truth to many of them.
    Anonymous

• Nibiru LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Have you read up on all of that shit? About us entering a different dimension and lizard people coming out of a space-time rift? OMG it's frickin hilarious.

Nah, I don't obsess over conspiracy theories. I'm sure some are true, but it doesn't really matter either way to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Oh, the FEMA concentration camps and coffins and gas chambers is one of my favorites.

If they REALLY had those somewhere, don't you think it would be all over the news? Seriously.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I believe that they are possible. I cant say that i believe in any specific conspiracy theory over others (except, of course, the alien ones. ...i mean, come on!) but i cannot rule out the possibility. Conspiracy or not i agree with shaneangle.

"I do believe there are hidden agendas. What they are... in time I am sure we will find out."
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2009