One positive, one negative.

I toke a pregnancy test on Friday and the line in the result window was VERY faint. Than i toke a digital test on Saturday and it came up "not pregnant". Has anyone ever dealt with this before. Could i be pregnant or its just negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• walk in at your obgyn and ask for a hcg count they'll write you up a form and you go and take it to one of there blood drawing labs and that should let you know if u got a +on one and the digital one said - then i am guessing u are very early and that's why u had that so do what i said good luck to you im currently 8 weeks pregnant!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• That has happened to me while I was breastfeeding, I hadn't had a period yet and felt like i was prego so I took a test and it had the faintest line ever and took another test that night and next morning and both were negative so mine wound up being an evap line.
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 5:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Its more likely to have a false negative. I would say if you are pregnant you are probably very early on and one test might barely be picking up the traces while the other can't yet. Wait a week and take another test or go to the OBGYN and ask for a blood test. The stick tests they use there are no different than the ones you use at home.
    Anonymous

• go get a first response test it picked my pregnancy up at 13 DPO
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2009