Why is Christianity trying to be the biggest religion and most used there is?

I personally think it should've stayed in Europe where it belongs. Back in Rome with the Pope.
Christians came over and shoved their idea's on people who didn't know any better. Forcing native children to go to church and follow Christianity because the Christians didn't like how they practiced their culture. Why is Christianity trying so hard to "save" people?!
It's so frustrating seeing alot of you moms forcing Christianity down other people's throats. If people don't want to believe in your supremiest ideals, leave it alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it has to do with the teachings that we're to invite others to become Christians before the second coming. We're not really supposed to cram it down the throat of those who don't want to receive the "good news'. We're supposed to share it and if they accept it then so be it. We should be respectful of their desire to reject it but I know what you mean. There are some who just won't stop bible thumping. Sad. I can't see Jesus as a thumper.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Why are you bringing up things that happend so long ago that no body here had anything to do with?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I personally think someone's PMS'ing. But,that's neither here nor there. If you don't want to hear about it, buy earplugs. If you don't like reading about it, get off here,and join an atheist group. Oterwise, SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OVER IT!
    Anonymous

• TROLL! Stop trying to stir up drama.
    Anonymous

• Now, now anon, isn't somewhere in your Chrsitian teachings that cursing is a sin?
    And I know what you mean. I get tired of hearing that the bible is the only way and all the rest of us who don't follow it are evil and going to hell. It gets old. I wonder what the Chrisitans would think if it was the other way around? What if their was a Pagan group that moved into other coutries and forced them to follow their religion just because they thought Christianity "wasn't right?"
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Don't read the posts if it bothers you so much. Seriously, no one is at your house yelling at you for not accepting Christ. Christians should never try to "force" anyone to convert, but Christians want to be the "biggest religion" because they are trying to save others. They don't want people burning in hell. We don't get a better seat in Heaven for converting more individuals, it's not done for selfish reasons. What Christians did 300 and 400 years ago, has NOTHING to do with current Christians, we didn't make those decisions and we're not responsible for those actions.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Hmm, who said I was a Christian? I didn't. There you go, ASSuming something,without knowing all the facts.
    Anonymous

• Call me whatever you like dear anon. I find it hilarious that some many people think that words on Cafemom are going to upset me. Besides, I don't think you want to get into a cursing match with me. Or, if you do, bring it to my e-mail. I refuse to hijack a post for that silly nonsense.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• funny thing is..after being a member for a year, i've yet to see anyone actually cramming a religion down anyone's throat. some may be passionate for their beliefs, on both/all sides of the spectrum, and that passion comes across strongly throught the faceless, bodyless internet. i think some people just have a bone to pick, and why not do it in the name of anti-religion? or, as a pp said, just trying to start something.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well I'am an athiest thanks. That should explain my rant anon. DUH.
    Anonymous