How to find the strengh.

I love my boyfriend so much and we have 2 kids together. He says he wants to marry me. I want to leave him though cause he has put me through alot. I just can't deal with it anymore. When we are together and things are going good that Im so happy. It hasn't been like that for a whiel though. When Im away from him he is all I can think about and he is good with the kids. I just don't know how to be without him. Got any advice on how I could leave him and not go back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Read How to Fall out of Love. That worked for me. There is a thing called relationship addiction too that sometimes keeps us from leaving what we have (even bad relationships) bc we're afraid of being without someone.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Thats exaactly how I feel. I been with him all these years I just don't know how to leave or live without him. I'll look for that. Thanx
    Anonymous

• What you need to think about are your kids. Imagine, when you're a grandma, I know this is a little crazy, but just try. Can you imagine your children in this type of a relationship? Is this what you would want for them? Probably not. Then you need to remember that what you do right now is showing your kids what type of life is okay for them to live. You are showing them that it is okay to settle because they are "safe". I never wanted this for my kids which is why I broke up with my boyfriend after our first. I moved on, even though it hurt, and I now I know I am really in love. You have to take it one day at a time. Keep yourself busy for a few days, so you won't think about him, before you know it, you will realize how much better off, and happy, you really are.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I married my hs sweetheart, and if I had paid attention to the signs back then, maybe things would have been different now.

He cheats on me constantly...he is dishonest and emotionally cruel. He is good to our child and when he is kind to me, he is very kind. But when I think back to all of the crap he pulled before we were married, I can't believe I was so freakin blind. I love our child, but wish I had never married him. I plan on divorcing in the next 2 years after certain issues are resolved.

Save yourself the regret. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I wish someone had smacked me in the face so I would have woken up alot sooner.
    Anonymous