During Labor...

If I can't make a decision medical wise, in case something goes wrong, can my fiance make the decision for me even though we're not married? Or does, like, my mother have to? If my mother does, is there anything I can do to make it so my fiance has the decision?

AmandaMarie821

Asked by AmandaMarie821 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sign and date it and have two witnesses if possible. there should be a printable medical power of attorney available online somewhere
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Write a paper on the computer and print it, in the letter state that if you cant make the decision on your own then he can make it, even if u were married he couldnt make that decision without a letter in most state. but make sure he has that letter when u all go to the hospital and he will be able to.... and also in the letter state if there is a med or anything that you dont want to be done, such as if for some reason both you and the baby need medical help which they will help first. i had to make a letter for my hubby for the same reason
    Anonymous

• When I was getting registered at the hospitol They had a paper for me to put down who I would want to make any decisions if I was unable to. I was able to put down my boyfriend.
    Anonymous