If you are Pagan

do you have a coven? or other group of people that you associate with regularly in regards to shared beliefs?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Pagan, and i don't really think there are many in my area. If there are, they aren't standing on the street coner yelling it at everyone who drives by. And, I wouldn't be part of a Coven, since I am not a witch. Not that I think they are bad, but i am just not a part of that faith, so I don't think it would be right for me to go.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I have a group that gathers monthly and for our holidays. We are not a coven. We have all types of beliefs in our group that are classified as Pagan. Anywhere from Wiccan to left hand path.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I am solitary... my sisters are of similar beliefs and we can chatter at times of different things, but as for a gathering no....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Mine is more of a solitary path, not really by choice though. We live in a pretty conservative town and there aren't any Pagan spirituality groups that I know of. I don't see myself being part of a coven though...just not not for me.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I don't personally. There are a few kindreds in MI and IN, but the nearest one is over an hour away.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No, I do not. I am in a small town about an hour from the city. That's where the closest coven (that I know of) is. I do have a few pagan friends in the area, we all grew up together, but our beliefs tend to be different. I am an ecclectic Pagan Witch, another is Druid Reconstructionist, another is more of a Satanist Witch, and another is a Pagan Spiritualist... Although we have been know to swap advice and occationally a spell or two, we don't usually even discuss it, since our paths are all very different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Not a "Coven" per se...but I do have a group of friends here in town I get together with for the Sabbats and occasional Esbat. 

There are also a few Groups here in CM...mine are here and here...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• No, I'm also a solitary. I attended a local coven's open Sabbat once. And despite the term "open" on the invitation, I found them to be as insular and aloof as many other religious institutions I've visited. I'm much happier and have better results communing with my Creator on my own.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009