Gift ideas?

I need gift ideas for my parents, my DH's parents, a 6 year old, an 8 year old, a 13 year old and my sister. I am looking for non-materalistic things that cost $20 or less. For Christmas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• For gifts I have made no-sew polar fleece blankets (just over 2 yards each of two pieces works great on a twin sized bed), no -sew polar fleece pillows (just about 1 yard each of two pieces and a jumbo size pillow shoved inside when three sides are finished and quickly tie the fourth closed, make a great floor pillow for kids!). I have also made layered jars (mason/canning jars with dry ingredients for any recipe you like - soup, pasta, cookies, brownies, etc. Just include the recipe and what wet ingredients they should use). I knit and crochet dishcloths, shawls, cotton market bags (some call them eco bags). I have knit baby blankets, baby hats, coasters, cup cozies, etc.

An idea you may like is to create a scrap book of your family for each set of grandparents. Get the books that accept additional pages. Leave a blank page at the end so they know you will be adding to it over the years.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I llke for my dd to get craft items so she can make something and it wont just sit around. she is 7 and just started latch hook this summer. It is really fun and they have a lot of neat patterns. Alos the kits where you make your own stepping stones are fun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009