Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone tell me

I am married but not living with my husband, but we arent divorced, anyways can i get childcare true the state?? or do i have to be fully divorced??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • You have to go after him for child support before the state will help you.

    Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • You need to be legaly divorced, our have filed for legal separation

    Answer by isisarya at 8:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • I don't think that your marital status affects you ability to get childcare, just household income.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

  • the status shouldnt matter but like rkoloms said, INCOME matters and since you are NOT divorced, your hubbys income WILL count. Some states may be different so its worth looking into

    Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • house hold income wouldnt includ him if we arent living together right??

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.