help me say whats on my mind

i have a hard time saying whats really on my mind with certain people becase i think that i might hurt their feelings too much... help me

swimbish

Asked by swimbish at 6:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to stop worrying what people are going to think,,and just tell them how you feel about what ever you want to say to them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I hold off for a while and study how to tell in smaller terms. This way people won't misinterpret what I'm saying.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I use humor. It helps me say what I want to say and it keeps it from sounding too critical.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Learning how to say what you want to say with a diplomatic undertone is the best way to go. You can get your point across while still be direct and stern..without coming off sounding like a raving lunatic or crazy beyotch...

When I was a career girl (VP in a bank), I was known for my diplomacy and it got me far. However, if I am being honest, I have lost that social filter as a SAHM and gotten more abrupt. I have a tendency to speak before I think, and I don't get the same results I use to get being diplomatic. People do look at me know like I am a little crazy...maybe I should take my own advise:)
    Anonymous