artificial sweetners as a neurotoxins?

I was a vendor at a flea market yesterday. The vendor next to me was a doctor that was passing fliers of his practice. When he noticed that I had a coke cola in my had, he told me that there was seventeen teaspoons of sugar in the can. Then I told him that I regularly drink diet sodas. He responded saying that artificial sweeteners are a neurotoxin that accumulates in my fat, and enough will resemble the symptoms of MS (multiple sclerosis). Being that I didn't want to take him from his business, I didn't ask him about details.

What are the true dangers about artificial sweeteners?
How can I purify (detox) my body of toxic chemicals stored in my fat cells?

Thanks in advance

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Diet sodas are horrible for your health. Drink water, tea black or green are best, milk or something natural.
    Anonymous

• Aspartame, the most widely used artificial sweetener in diet foods, has been documented to cause MS like symptoms in people along with paralyzing headaches. Your body will get rid of it, just quit consuming it. PP is right, water and green tea are the BEST for your body. Green tea has antioxidants to help your body rid itself of the toxins. A lot of foods like carrots and blueberries also contain antioxidants.

If you prefer sweet, use stevia. It's a natural sweetener from a plant that doesn't raise blood sugars or add the calories. In the supermarket you can find it as Truvia.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Artifical sweetners actually make MS symptoms worse, it doesn't mimic MS. Artificial sweetners are horrible for people. Diet soda's are worse than regular soda. Stick with water or tea. Green tea is the best. If you need it sweet, use honey.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2009