how can i get my son who is 22 months on a schedule?

fran22

Asked by fran22 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started with my both babies when they were 3 months old, my pediatrcian told me not to be a stopcry Mom, basically he told me to be strong and let them cry only if all their needs were already fullfilled ( if they were clean, feeded and with no gas )I needed a lot of patience but the best way they learned is through the routine .
    In my case I would give them the last bottle of formula the latest possibly ( before the bottle I gave them a worm bath and then the bottle ) then I put them to sleep and I walked away checking on them every hour but you need to be really strong, never bring them to your bed let them be used to sleep p their own.
    My advice is make first a routine for you and your baby and then stick to it no matter what you do not change the routine keep the same on every day and your baby will get familiar with it and he will follow it. Hope this help : )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If a baby is still crying after you think all their needs have been met, then you don't know what the need is. Check on them every hour? What you let them scream for an hour? That's sick. You're not strong - you're lazy. My nine month old is on a schedule, and I didn't have to strong arm her into it.

OP - to get a TODDLER on a schedule is different. First, write down for a few days what you are already doing. Chances are, you're going to see a pattern. It is helpful to base your schedule off that. So, let's say he eats lunch at 11, and you need lunch at 12. Offer a snack at 10, and do something out of the ordinary at 11. Pull out a favorite activity, go for a walk, keep him excited. Then, at 12 (or 11"30 for a few days) have lunch. Gradually shift your schedule to what you need it to be. You can't just introduce a new schedule drastically different. Good luck! And as soon as you've got it down, it'll change!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Wow it really amazed me how can you call me lazy when you do not know me. Are you always so rude with people ? You can disagree with me but do not call me names if you are no 100 % sure of my intentions and my heart. I`m really sorry for you : ( I hope you can learn manners and ways to comunicate with others moms.
    For general information my babies never cried more than 20 minutes the first night when I started with schedule and 10 inutes after the 2nd night and after those 2 first nights they never cried again ( exemption when they were sick )
    I am not a lazy Mom I care deeply for my babies and I do my best out of motherhood and I tried to help others with my experiences.
    Hope we can all be wise with our words because what we say or write affects other people feelings and the purpose of this site is that everyone can learn from others we are not here to disturb or jugde others easily
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I'm so sorry your feelings are hurt. I wonder about your baby's feelings, though. That concerns me more. What you described in your second message differs from what you said in your first. Why check every hour if they're not still crying? I am rude when I see babies being neglected. It doesn't matter what your intentions are if you ignore your baby. You are still ignoring them. And how do you know what my intentions are in replying? Perhaps its so that other parents don't read what you wrote and say hey, maybe I 'll just leave my tiny baby alone to cry fo hours. Because that's what you said, regardless of what your "intentions" might have been. Perhaps if more people stopped worrying about judging and manners and worried about the babies, then we would have less neglected and abused babies in our world. But that might offend someone. How terrible.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh, and you are judging me just as you say I judged you. So, pot to kettle, get over it.
    apexmommy

• I really think that is not worthy writing back to you hope you have a good life : )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Vero529 I really think that is not worthy writing back to you hope you have a good life : )

Which really means "oh crap, you made me rethink my decision, and i have no real defense. i suck. let me pretend i dont care!"
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• what is this? you really like drama don`t you? No i don`t regret my decison what I regret was getting involved in this site just to be judge by inmature people.
    Now I am not going to loose my time and energy in fighting words, I`m going to be a little more wiser to whom I write and ignore the stupidity.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• *
    22 months is a hard time because they are mobile and vocal. Look for a few things that would help your life run smoother, like meals and bed time and work on those first. Remember, your schedule will look different than my schedule and do what your family can work with, For me, bedtime was a big one since it then allowed me time to get work done or relax with my husband. Dinner was also a big one since it set the tone for when bedtime would come. Lunch, snacks, mid day naps were more as they happen depending on the day.

teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I would say just do the same things every day and eventually they will get into the swing of things...don't expect it to happen over night and you have to keep with it...schedule and routine...get up, change diaper, feed breakfast, get drink, take bath, get dressed, play or watch a little tv, snack, more play, lunch, nap, etc...just do the same thing and eventually it will be the norm for them...my dd is 23 mos old and still isn't in a perfect routine but we are getting there.
    NiahandAvasmama

Answer by NiahandAvasmama at 10:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2009