playing outside

my son is about to be four years old and our neighbors next to us have kids around his age. how many of you would feel okay letting your child play outside everyday? i on the other hand am not that comfortable with him being out there all day due to a rough pregnanacy I'm having and I'm worried if i take him out there all the time he might get used to the idea of always going over there. I'm expecting in another month or two and i just dont want him to become to attached to playing outside all day especially with a newborn on the way. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just bring him out when you can and don't when your not able to.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• my son is 14 months and what i do is i have the back patio doors open whenever he wants to go outside and i get a book and watch him while he plays. When he wants to come inside then we come back in, no big deal. Could you do something like that?
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My kids play in and out all day long. It is really good for your kid to play outside and get fresh air. try pulling a chair out and reading a book while he plays. Try to think of, or learn new games that you can play indoors after new baby comes. Your new baby will sleep alot during the first month or two so you will have a little bit of time to play with your son. You could also look into a head start program that is geared towards pre-preschool. Then your son could have some playtime with other kids and still be learning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2009