Sorry I gotta get this off of my back! Does this bug anyone else?

I'm not usually the spelling police or anything but this one word mix up drives me nuts and I see it soooo much! It can actually change the meaning of a sentence. Okay
Loose-My bathing suit top was loose and my boobs fell out!

Lose- I need to lose weight so my top won't fall off again!

Okay, I feel better now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sometimes when i am typing to fast, I mispell...or don't capitalize or end a sentence properly. I don't think most of the women on here really care...so honestly, why should you?
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Because these two words can completely change the meaning of a sentence and it looks really stupid, it's not a typo it's using a completely different word. Was it your job to tell me or something? And there are plenty of women on here that do care. So honestly maybe you should just not worry about what I post next time if you don't like it.
    Anonymous

• LOL I ONLY SPELL LIKE THAT WHEN IM RUSHING OR LAZY
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• She might not have spelt it right but you understood what she meant,,,right?

Answer by louise2 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• loise2 do you really look like you avatar?
    Anonymous

• spelt? lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• SPELT,,, is in the Dictionary..Look it up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Why does my picture bother you..It's just a picture.It might look like me and then it might not look like me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• well, louise, i stand corrected. i never knew that was a form of spell. but sense i looked it up, i have 'learnt' differently. (who knew?lol..still looks funny.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Spelling is in the mind of the beholder.
    Who is to say what way is the correct way to spell words? The dictionary? What if a word in the dictionary was spelt wrong, then what would we do?

OP ~ I know what you mean, though. I don't get very irritated by it. I just try to understand the writer's general thoughts in their sentence and move on.

Do you want to know which two word mix-ups irritate me the most? Desert and dessert! LOL...I'm only kidding.
    But to help anyone who chews on their lower lip wondering how many s's to use, just remember that you always want more of your favorite dessert! (Hint: More meaning and extra s).

Anywho...I'm a bit whacked tonight so don't mind me. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2009