14 yr old?

how would you feel about a 14 year old wanting to date a 17 year old?
he is asking for pictures with sexual content in them.

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Um unacceptable in my opinion. What would a 17 year old want to do with a 14 year old? At least where I live they wouldn't even be in the same school...one would be almost done with high school and the other would be in middle school still! Why can't he find someone his own age or at least close to it? If he's asking for pics with sexual content than hellllllllll no and I would probably report him.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• i WOULDNT LET MY CHILDREN AND I WOULD TELL THEM WHY IT IS SO BAD
    Anonymous

• no teen should be dating anyone who requests anything sexual.

rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 6:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• obviously you are concerned or you wouldn't be asking this? pull the "mom" out of your head and put your foot down!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I think it's ridiculous for a seventeen year old to ask such a young person for pictures like that. Either they have already done something intimate together, or one is testing the other to see how far he/she can go. It doesn't matter if the 14 year old is a girl or boy, or if the 17 year old is a boy or girl. The age difference is too huge. Neither of them is of age to be engaging is such bahavior.
    Anonymous

• I'd start with his parents and then find out what the legal age limits are in your area and consider turning him in if that's what it takes to make it stop. Asking for sexually explicit material from a 14 yr old is beyond reason. The other issue is if she is foolish enough to share, how many websites and friends will be privy to the pics?
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 10:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• If he is asking for those type of pictures, you need to sit her down and explain that if that is what is he asking for God knows how many girls he's ask for these types of pictures and that she should never send any of those pictures to anyone at all. Is there a way you can check to see if she already has done so..... I would keep her away FROM HIM......... and that any decent person will not ask for these types of pictures.... He is no GOOD....Tell her what he can do with these pictures that can ruin her future if they are posted anywhere.... GOOD LUCK and take control........
    mybabyjr

Answer by mybabyjr at 11:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would also turn him in for asking for sexual pictures. Are you sure this "boy" is only 17? He could be a pedophile posing as a 17 year old boy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I would not let my 14 daughter or 14 year old son date a 17 year old. And there's NO WAY I would let the give someone else ANY pics with sexual content in them!! It's opening the 14 yo up to way too many things, at 14 yo, they shouldn't be worried about pursuing a sexual relationship.

The 17 yo is obviously very immature to want to date a 14 yo and chances are this 17 yo still won't make a good partner 10 years down the track either. I had a friend who dated a 17 yo (without her mother's knowledge) and ended up pregnant at 13yo!

I would STRONGLY advise you to keep a VERY CLOSE eye on ur 14yo, and if u have any control over the situation, DO NOT let the 17 yo anywhere near them!!! It's only going to lead to heartbreak for your 14yo, possible rape or pregnancy, and massive regrets later on.

continued
    anonymous_mum

Answer by anonymous_mum at 4:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Continued
    No matter what your 14yo says, they are not mature enough and do not have enough life experience yet to realise the full effect of decisions they will make now and how these decisions can haunt them for the rest of their lives.

I know that it's very hard to explain this to a very confident sure of themselves teenager, especially if their friends back them up.

If all else fails and your 14 yo is a daughter, go to the GP's and get an Implanon implant put in her arm. It's better than the pill as you can't forget to take it, you cannot remove the device yourself and it lasts for 3 years (though I've heard of ppl getting pregnant at 2.5 years).

I'm not condoning underage sex far from it, but it's better off to be realistic, if you feel that no matter what you do that your daughter will have sex, then the Implanon's the best way to go. better to be a teenager on birth control than a teenage mother!!!!
    anonymous_mum

Answer by anonymous_mum at 4:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2009