Help, my toddler keeps taking off his bandages that have to be on due to a major burn from his shoulder down! I can't get him to keep it on. Any ideas?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wonder if bandaging the arm of a doll or stuffed animal would work. Then you could stress how important it was for the doll to have the pretend bandage on the doll's pretend injury. Maybe even have the child draw a pretend injury that you taped to the doll and then wound a bandage over it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• how about for every hour he leaves his bandage on he gets a piece of candy or other acceptable treat
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My dd had a major burn on her arm and I told her to begin with it was a braclet and it was pretty. She wouldn't let me change it after that so I told her she had a bad owie and mommy needed to help it go away. Then I would let her play with a q-tip (I used one to apply the ointment) and she would allow me to clean it then.
    Also, covering her arm with long sleeves or a coat (we are in Alaska however... so it's not warm anyways).
    What kind of bandages are these? We used come kind of pad (not gauze) and that stretchy material they give you when you give blood so it was harder for her to take off.... Just some Ideas and I hope he heals up soon! it's so hard when they are hurt like that!!!! GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Duct tape?
    Anonymous

• a onesie?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2009