• In the Spotlight:

Anyone a fan of Egyptian/Roman/Greek mythology?

I've always had a fascination with ancient religions and cultures. Egyptian myths are my favorite, I think. I don't quite know why.

...Maybe I was an Egyptian in a past life :P

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've actually studied Ancient Egyptian culture and myths for over 15 years. I was going to go to college to be an Egyptologist, but went into the Army instead and then had a family, so I never had the chance.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Egyptian is the path I follow, I deal with the Egyptian gods and many times when i see things from ancient Egypt i get a feeling like I've seen it b4 and some things i ahve had an overwhelming feeling like things were mine its odd.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I love most parts of history, but in particular the religious aspects of mythology. Stories of ancient gods are very intriguing.
    Anonymous

• OMG I wanted to be an Egyptologist too! I might still take a class on it when I go to college one day. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is I might have to uproot my family and move to wherever I work.

I dunno, I let my imagination run wild with Indiana Jones stories and crap haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My DH LOVES Egyptian mythology.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I used to love this when I was a kid. I studied mostly Greek, a little Roman and a very little Egyptian.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• I've always had a fascination with Egyptian and Greek mythology as well.  I have a tattoo of Anubis on my right shoulder.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• My beliefs are very close to those of the Greeks, in the sence that I believe in "local" or "racial" Panthions. I have always been facinated by the mythology of the Roman/Greeks and grew up reading them. The Ancient Egyptians and their beliefs were something else I studied even as a child. In fact my mother took us to Ohio when King Tut's Tresures were on tour. I have also studied Celtic Mythology and beliefs. Being of Irish heritage and proud of it, my family was always quick to pull out the stories and myths of the Celts.

Today, as an adult, I tend to be overly interested in all of them and have trouble finding just one to study at a time. I have also started reading about the Hindu, Chinese Mythology and some Native American as well... I like to stay well rounded and I guess I get a little study schitzo...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Totally!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Absolutely. Always was fascinated(still am)with Greek mythology especially. As I got into my teens Egyptian caught my attn and my hubby loves Egyptian stuff too. You should see the Egyptian papyrus and statues and such we have! LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009