What is considered overweight when starting pregnancy?

I started my pregnancy at 140 lbs and 5'4" which is definitely the biggest i've ever been, but is that considered overweight? I haven't felt my baby move and i'm 22 weeks, is it because i wasn't super skinny to begin with? I honestly don't think I was fat.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dude i saw your pic! girl your not even close to fat 140 at 5'4 is not overweight not even close! it also depends on how you carry your weight.. so your perfect.. it all depends on where your placenta sits and how your child is facing for you to feel/ not feel baby move. so dont worry your NOT fat!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Well, first it doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy, if you are overweight you are overweight regardless if you are pregnant. It has to do with height and build.

So, if you are a small build, then yes you were overweight.
    If you are a medium build, then no you weren't technically overweight but you were borderline.
    If you are a large build, then you were just right.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• k, overweight
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• im very thick and i am 8 weeks pregnant an i carrey all belly people say i dont look that big but the scale says other wise! so depends on your body make up an how well u carrey it
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2009