anyones baby ever have Gastroenteritis?

My 4 month old has this, and its sooo sad to see her with it. she is in so much pain from it.

if your child had this ever, how long did they have it for?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did this past winter. (for other's that don't know... gastroenteritis is a fancy name for stomach flu.... vomiting and diarrhea)
    For my son, thankfully it was short lived... only 2 days! Vomiting one day and diarrhea the next. But stomach bugs can last several days. Sometimes vomiting lasts 3-4 days and diarrhea can last 2 weeks.
    What we did for my son.... we started with small amounts of pedialyte... never more than 2 oz at a time about every hour that he seemed like he wanted it. When he seemed to do well I gave expressed breastmilk (so I could regulate how much he was getting at a time) I did 2 oz of that and then waited an hour and gave pedialyte and rotated like that. When he did fine we moved up.
    If you child is formula fed give a soy or lactose free formula in the same brand. Doing half strength to start with is best.... 4 oz water 1 scoop formula (but only feed 1-2 oz to start)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2009